Monday, February 18, 2013

February 12, 2013 Kaylyn's 6th Basketball Game

So, for some reason, this is the 2nd game in a row that coach used Kaylyn as a "sub".  In doing this, she only played about 7 minutes in the last game and I counted 4 1/2 minutes in this game (1 1/2 minutes in the first half and 3 minutes in the 2nd half).  She was not happy, nor was I.  We were told she was not being put in as much because she asks to go in.  Really...this is an instructional league of 5th/6th graders...she's 10 years old!  They're supposed to get equal amount of playing time.  Punishing her for wanting to play by not allowing her to play has hurt her, and she doesn't want to play anymore.  She feels that the team does not like her!  I told her that she needs to play the "game" from now on and not talk to the coach unless he's speaking to her.  I'm not sure what else to do???  Anyway, here are some pictures from her playing in the last game.  They're not that great, as I had to use my phone again.




2 comments:

  1. Poor Kaylyn :-(. Sports are rough sometimes with that stuff. Our coaches were the same way though, they were in charge and would let us play when they wanted us in, and if we asked to go in, the answer was no. I guess they were establishing they were boss and knew what was best for the team. It's the whole "there's no I in team" mentality. It'll get better though, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could understand that if it was junior or senior high, but not on the 5th/6th grade instructional league. I could also understand if it was just one game, but it has been the last three since he did the same thing today. Very frustrating!

      Delete